Many thanks to the following for their contribution to our fundraising:Thanks to a private donation, the cost of the blinds €550 has already been covered. Míle Buíochas ó chroí! The school & local community raised €200 through the Clothing Collection in October 2018. Douglas …
Fundraising – Brighter School, Brighter Future!
CLASSROOM RENOVATION FUND (Nov 2018)
Over the past few years, we have been thrilled with the upgrades that the library, offices, SEN rooms, reception area, staffroom/kitchen and school gardens have all benefited from, thanks to the significant efforts of the school community.
WHAT NEXT? For the 2018/19 school year - we decided that the next step in the in the school’s development is renovating classrooms.
WHY? A student’s learning experience is heavily impacted by the classroom design around them. Our teachers already work hard to ensure that classrooms are inspiring, engaging places for our pupils to learn – and we hope to add further to this by painting the rooms, putting new flooring as necessary and reorganising fixtures and fittings. We want to maximize the potential of our rooms even further – and have bright, clean, spacious, flexible spaces, which inspire pupils and teachers alike.
WHEN? Over the Hallowe'en midterm break of 2018 our 1st Class classroom was renovated. A MASSIVE thank you is due to Vivian Prout, our school caretaker, who worked tirelessly on the project. He was ably assisted by Roger (our cleaner), Lorna and Shirley (our SECAD workers), our former caretaker Martin and other volunteers. So míle buíochas to Vivian and the team!
In terms of costing approximately €7,000 was spent, and therefore is needed to renovate a classroom:
• Flooring: €3250
• Painting: €1500
• Blinds: €550
• Furniture: €1500
• Additional Services (Installation of IT etc.): €200
TARGET NO1 €7,000 REACHED IN JAN 2019!!
Many thanks to the following for their contribution to our fundraising:
• Thanks to a private donation, the cost of the blinds €550 has already been covered. Míle Buíochas ó chroí!
• The school & local community raised €200 through the Clothing Collection in October 2018.
• Douglas Credit Union kindly donated €500. Míle Buíochas!
• Ward & Burke Construction Ltd kindly donated €200. Many thanks!
• Keary's CarStore kindly donated €500 in December 2018. Go raibh maith agaibh!
• Crossgun Lanes Ltd generously donated €300 was received in December 2018. Thank You!
• Santa Sunday: A massive €3463.65 was donated by our Parents' Association - the proceeds from Santa Sunday in December 2018! Maith sibh!
• Macroom Motors kindly donated €100 in January 2019. Míle Buíochas!
• Audi Cork generously donated €200 in January 2019. Míle Buíochas!
• Cogans Carrigaline were kind enough to donate €100 in January 2019. Thank You!
• Cookery Demonstration organised by Parents Association raised €3780 (€1086 of this helped us reach 100% on target no1!!)
TARGET NO 2 ..... 51% of the way already!
• Cookery Demonstration organised by Parents Association raised €3780 (€2694 of this is going towards Target no2!)
• €550 for blinds has already been paid by a private donor
Doyle Shipping Group (Passage West Dockyard) donated €350 to the school in February 2019. Míle Buíochas!
- €1000 Private donation was received in February 2019
- €200 Private donation was received in March 2019
- €400 Private donation was received in March 2019.
If you would like to get involved with fundraising in the school, or make a contribution in anyway, please don't hesitate to contact the office on 021-4842159. You can also click on the 'DONATE' button below to make a donation through PayPal, or with a credit / debit card.
The school is a registered charity (Charity No: CHY7112) and so companies etc. making donations can often claim tax relief against their donation. If you know of any companies interested in making donations to a charity - it might be mutually beneficial!
Registered Charity No: CHY 7112
Congratulations to every body who was involved in the organising of the “Entertaining at Home” – Cookery Demonstration, with award winning chef, Mark Doe, last Friday night 25th January, in Monkstown Golf Club. What a wonderful evening, thoroughly enjoyed by all!
For anyone who could not attend, the recipe sheet …
Our thanks to Gary Hanrahan of @DouglasCU who today presented Iníon Uí Bhuaigh with a donation towards the School Development Fund. We are 20% of the way there now towards renovating our next classroom! Thanks to Roy McKnight & all at Douglas Credit Union for their continued support! Go raibh …
We were super excited to welcome Santa to SBN today. Even though December is a very busy month for Santa we are so grateful that he took time out of his hectic schedule to meet with all of the boys and girls of Monkstown! Thank You, Santa!
Thank you also …
Well done to our 4th & 5th Class School Choir on their magnificent performance at last night’s “Candlelight at Christmas” event in aid of Pieta House. They performed Mo Ghile Mear & Winter Song beautifully. We are extremely proud of them! Thank you to Ms. Ní Bhéara, Mrs O’ Dea …
On Tuesday we welcomed Maria and Jennifer from Enable Ireland. On behalf of our Students’ Council Sophie and Charlie were thrilled to present them with a cheque for €500, raised through the Student Council Hallowe’en Costume Fundraiser. We were delighted to support such a worthy cause. Maria & Jennifer spoke …
Friday October 27th was a busy day in Scoil Barra Naofa. Every pupil made such an effort to dress up and assemble extremely creative costumes. The standard was exceptionally high and the Student Council found it very difficult to pick two winners. The two winners were Abby ONeill from 5th …
We are thrilled to announce that €1270 was raised at last Friday night’s Table Quiz Fundraiser, held in Monkstown Sailing Club. Our sincere and heartfelt thanks to all who attended on the night, as all of the participants were particularly generous when it came purchasing raffle tickets! Almost €1000 was …
Well done to the Sciath na Scol teams who played against Crab Lane N. S. in Passage today. Both teams played well and showed great team spirit against stiff competition. Maith sibh! Special thanks to Fergal Lennon and his company Contracting Plus for their generous sponsorship of the new GAA …
Good luck to Cork in the All Ireland Camogie Championships on Sunday from all in Scoil Barra Naofa! Go n-eirí an t-ádh libh!
Many thanks to the families who supported the day as a fundraiser. €304 was raised for the school development fund!!! See our fundraising page for more …