We will hold a raffle on the night of the concert (Tuesday Jan 28th). The raffle will be open to all and tickets can be purchased through the school office or on the night. Tickets are priced as follows; 1 strip 5 Euro. 3 strips 10 Euro. We have been …
Fundraising – Brighter School, Brighter Future!
CLASSROOM RENOVATION FUND (Sept 2019)
In 2018 we decided to renovate our classrooms. We estimated the cost of this project to be approximately €7000 per classroom. We found huge support in the local community and local and wider business communities. As of Summer 2019, we have successfully renovated 4 classrooms, and thanks to a large donation, also have put new flooring down in our sports hall.
WHAT NEXT? For the 2019/20 school year - we would like to continue the roll out of the Classroom Renovation project.
A student’s learning experience is heavily impacted by the classroom design around them. Our teachers already work hard to ensure that classrooms are inspiring, engaging places for our pupils to learn – and we hope to add further to this by painting the rooms, putting new flooring as necessary and reorganising fixtures and fittings. We want to maximize the potential of our rooms even further – and have bright, clean, spacious, flexible spaces, which inspire pupils and teachers alike.
In terms of costing approximately €7,000 is needed to renovate a classroom:
• Flooring: €3250
• Painting: €1500
• Blinds: €550
• Furniture: €1500
• Additional Services (Installation of IT etc.): €200
TARGET NO1 €7,000 REACHED IN JAN 2019!!
Many thanks to the following for their contribution to our fundraising:
• Thanks to a private donation, the cost of the blinds €550 has already been covered. Míle Buíochas ó chroí!
• The school & local community raised €200 through the Clothing Collection in October 2018.
• Douglas Credit Union kindly donated €500. Míle Buíochas!
• Ward & Burke Construction Ltd kindly donated €200. Many thanks!
• Keary's CarStore kindly donated €500 in December 2018. Go raibh maith agaibh!
• Crossgun Lanes Ltd generously donated €300 was received in December 2018. Thank You!
• Santa Sunday: A massive €3463.65 was donated by our Parents' Association - the proceeds from Santa Sunday in December 2018! Maith sibh!
• Macroom Motors kindly donated €100 in January 2019. Míle Buíochas!
• Audi Cork generously donated €200 in January 2019. Míle Buíochas!
• Cogans Carrigaline were kind enough to donate €100 in January 2019. Thank You!
• Cookery Demonstration organised by Parents Association raised €3780 (€1086 of this helped us reach 100% on target no1!!)
TARGET NO 2 ..... Reached in June 2019!
• Cookery Demonstration organised by Parents Association raised €3780 (€2694 of this is going towards Target no2!)
• €550 for blinds has already been paid by a private donor
Doyle Shipping Group (Passage West Dockyard) donated €350 to the school in February 2019. Míle Buíochas!
- €1000 Private donation was received in February 2019
- €200 Private donation was received in March 2019
- €400 Private donation was received in March 2019.
- €1000 Private donation was received in June 2019
- O' Connor Utilities LTD donated €350 to the school in June 2019.
Finally, a huge thank you to Janssen Ireland, who donated a massive €20,000 in June 2019 ... which helped us reach our target and surpass it!!! Thanks to this donation we were able to do additional works this summer, including a 4th Classroom renovation, and reflooring our school hall with special sport specific flooring! Thank you!!
If you would like to get involved with fundraising in the school, or make a contribution in anyway, please don't hesitate to contact the office on 021-4842159. You can also click on the 'DONATE' button below to make a donation through PayPal, or with a credit / debit card.
The school is a registered charity (Charity No: CHY7112) and so companies etc. making donations can often claim tax relief against their donation. If you know of any companies interested in making donations to a charity - it might be mutually beneficial!
Registered Charity No: CHY 7112
Next Tuesday, Jan 28th, SBN will host An Evening with John Spillane featuring the children of SBN and the Big Little Choir. This concert has been organised by the school in association with John Spillane, Marcia Dalton, Cork County Council and The Arts Council. The Folklore Project has been heavily …
Our thanks to Lucy Peters, Community Liaison Officer with O’ Connor Utilities Ltd who presented Scoil Barra Naofa with a donation towards our School Development Fund today. Míle Buíochas!
On Monday 10th June, Iníon Uí Bhuaigh along with pupil representatives, Lucy Heffernan and Cian Barry, were thrilled to visit the Janssen site in Ringiskiddy, where they collected a cheque for €20,000 . Scoil Barra Naofa was delighted that our Classroom Renovation fund was selected as one of a number …
Many thanks to the following for their contribution to our fundraising:Thanks to a private donation, the cost of the blinds €550 has already been covered. Míle Buíochas ó chroí! The school & local community raised €200 through the Clothing Collection in October 2018. Douglas …
Congratulations to every body who was involved in the organising of the “Entertaining at Home” – Cookery Demonstration, with award winning chef, Mark Doe, last Friday night 25th January, in Monkstown Golf Club. What a wonderful evening, thoroughly enjoyed by all!
For anyone who could not attend, the recipe sheet …
Our thanks to Gary Hanrahan of @DouglasCU who today presented Iníon Uí Bhuaigh with a donation towards the School Development Fund. We are 20% of the way there now towards renovating our next classroom! Thanks to Roy McKnight & all at Douglas Credit Union for their continued support! Go raibh …
We were super excited to welcome Santa to SBN today. Even though December is a very busy month for Santa we are so grateful that he took time out of his hectic schedule to meet with all of the boys and girls of Monkstown! Thank You, Santa!
Thank you also …
Well done to our 4th & 5th Class School Choir on their magnificent performance at last night’s “Candlelight at Christmas” event in aid of Pieta House. They performed Mo Ghile Mear & Winter Song beautifully. We are extremely proud of them! Thank you to Ms. Ní Bhéara, Mrs O’ Dea …